Companions & Homemaker Services
Companions make the perfect choice for help around the house when hands-on care is not needed. Our staff can assist with daily/weekly household chores, giving you time back in your day or peace of mind knowing they’re done for a loved one.
As with all of our staff, companions are bonded, insured, and undergo rigorous criminal background and driving record checks, as well as drug screenings prior to being placed within a client’s home. Services and care plans are monitored routinely by our dedicated management staff to ensure client safety and well being.
COMMON SERVICES OFFERED:
- Household Needs – Grocery shopping, organization, and seasonal chores
- Cleaning – Dusting, vacuuming, and laundry
- Meal Preparation – Prepare food for that day, or for the whole week
- Social Engagement – Conversation, crafts, game playing, and reading
- Accompaniment – To appointments, social events, and gatherings
- Respite Care – Support for Caregivers
- Personal Care
A Helping Hand
Wherever it is that you call home, this is how we can help:
- It may be as simple as a smile and helping hand,
- It may be more complex such as care while you are recovering from an illness or fall,
- It may be anything in between, such as assisting with mobility, helping with showering or bathing, preparing meals or light housekeeping.
Allow us to provide you with a helping hand and bring HARMONY into your home.
“Thank you for making us part of Harmony’s family. Joyce and I are extremely grateful for your amazing staff. Both Connie and Barbara were more than caregivers – they are truly ‘Angels’. Words cannot express how helpful ALL of you were to us.”
Joseph & Joyce Corvino
Our People Make Harmony What It Is
Here are just a few of the features that allow our Harmony people to deliver great care for you:
- We are locally-owned and operated;
- Proven history and reputation for superior care and service since 2004;
- Serving the greater Tampa Bay area including all of Pinellas, Pasco and Hillsborough Counties;
- Licensed, bonded and insured;
- Every member of our team is a direct employee of our agency, and not an independent contractor. This means we pay payroll taxes and provide workers’ compensation insurance for our caregivers;
- Caregivers are thoroughly screened including federal background check.
- Caregivers receive initial and ongoing training and are supervised by a RN. Harmony caregivers are CPR-certified and receive dementia-specific training.
- Our services are at your direction and are customizable to your needs;
- Our expert staff will help you design the right care plan for your loved one;
- We not only care for our clients daily living needs, but we are here to improve their quality of life;
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
10 QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE CHOOSING A HOME CARE AGENCY
Not all homecare companies are the same. Ask these 10 questions before you hire any agency so that you know exactly what to expect out of your homecare relationship.
1. Are their Caregivers direct employees of the company?
Harmony employs our caregivers directly (rather than as an independent contractor), which provides many additional services and protections to you. By using an agency, you can protect against workers compensation claims, payroll tax liability issues and the company will provide ongoing scheduling, training and management of your caregiver.
2. Do they provide a free, comprehensive assessment by an RN before starting your care?
Harmony performs a free, no obligation assessment by an RN prior to starting care with every one of our clients. We feel this is an extremely important part of providing you with the best possible care.
3. Do they provide free, periodic supervisory visits to ensure your care plan is followed and appropriate for your care needs?
Ensuring that your caregivers are following the care plan that has been specifically created for your care is important. Additionally, our RN’s are able to determine if your care needs have changed and if any adjustments are needed
4. Are they locally owned and operated? How long have they been in business locally?
Harmony is a local, independent company and not a franchise. We have been serving the Tampa Bay area since 2004 and pride ourselves on upholding our reputation and giving back to our community
5. Do they drug screen their caregivers?
Harmony performs a pre-employment drug screen for all caregivers that we employ
6. Do they have an on-site skills lab to assess caregiver skills before hire and for ongoing training?
Our on-site skills lab is equipped with all of the assistive devices that they may encounter while caring for you (walkers, shower chairs, hoyer lift, etc). Our RN Supervisors ensure that Harmony caregivers have the practical skills necessary to perform your care
7. How do they assess their caregivers prior to hiring them?
All caregivers must pass a written and practical skills exam, a Level 2 background screening with fingerprints, CPR certification, lengthy orientation and more. We look for caregivers we would want to care for our own parents.
8. Do they provide ongoing training and education to their caregivers?
Our caregivers receive ongoing training with both on-site, in-person training and distance learning opportunities through our partnership with the Institute for Professional Care Education (IPCED)
9. What are the core values of the company?
Our core values are the guiding principles for our company. Every person we hire must be a fit with our core values and every decision we make is filtered through them as well. Our core values are: Do the Right Thing, Connect with People, Find a Better Way, Go the Extra Mile
10. Do they have an hourly minimum per day? Per week? Per Shift?
Harmony does not have a minimum number of hours per day, per shift or per week. Our pricing is tiered based upon the amount of care needed. We understand that everyone is different, and we are flexible to fit your needs.
Get Help Now
Fill out the form below and a member of our team will reach out to you as soon as possible.